Monday, March 3, 2008

2007 Veramonte Sauvignon Blanc


I'm going to stop drinking grapefruit juice in the morning and instead just have a glass or two of this delightful sauvignon blanc from Chilé's Casablanca Valley.

Seriously, I'm wondering what percent of my daily vitamin C a glass or two of this can offer. It bursts with the sharp taste of grapefruit. Maybe some granny smith in there as well. It literally left the tip of my tongue buzzing. There is just the hint of graphite to pull back on the grapefruit just a bit. Similar to the taste of dried apricot.

This is a fun wine I could see myself drinking at any time. During the summer, after a run, on a picnic — whenever!

Very light in color but full of flavor. Screw cap enclosure.

At around $10.50, it's pushing the wine thrift budgetary limits. I've seen it at this price in St. Louis at both Schnuck's and World Market. The price drags down the Wine Thrift score, which comes out to be an 81. If you can find it for under $10, lucky you.

Imported by Hunceus Vintners LLC, Rutherford, CA. 13.5% ABV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home