Saturday, February 9, 2008

2003 Columbia Crest "Two Vines" Merlot



Let me say first that now in the second month of 2008 I am happy to see a 2003 still on the shelf. I picked up this bottle for $5.49 at a Schnuck's grocery in Ladue, MO.

This Columbia Crest merlot is a wine to cruise with. It's like a fog on a just-warm-enough night. At first I tasted green flavors — grass and apple. Those have subsided and I'm left with a dark, even wine that's well worth $5.49.

A few glasses in, I am still tasting a hint of something evergreen, coniferous. Maybe that's just me imagining what Washington is like.

This wine receives a Wine Thrift score of 87.

The Wine Thrift scoring system weights quality and price equally. That is to say, a wine can earn 50 possible quality points and 50 possible price points.


This was Wine Thrift review of the 2003 Columbia Crest "Two Vines" Merlot from Washington's Columbia Valley. Wine Thrift found this bottle on sale at Schnuck's in Ladue, MO for $5.49.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home